Moor to Sea Sportive
NEXT EVENT: Ride anytime and at your own pace!
The inaugural Moor to Sea Sportive took place in 2012 and would normally take place on the first weekend in September. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have been unable to run any of our events this year. With all the uncertainty around local lockdowns quarantine rules we have decided to open up all of our event routes for you to ride at a date that suits you, fitting in around the weather and any local COVD-19 restrtictions that are in place. There's a choice of three routes: The Inspire (short) route is 34 miles (54 km) with approximately 2,300 ft (700 m) of ascent. The Challenge (medium) distance route covers 70 miles (113 km) with approximately 5,700 ft (1,700 m) of ascent. Or the Extreme (long) route which covers 112 miles (180 km) with almost 10,000 ft (3,000 m) of ascent including gradients up to 20%. Full details of the routes can be found under the respective route pages.
The Extreme & Challenge routes also include a KoM / QoM Segment Challenge on the iconic Haytor Hill Climb.
- Discipline: Road Cycling | Sportive
- Distance: 34 miles | 70 miles | 112 miles
- Event Date: Any date you choose!
- Location: Dartmoor & Teignbridge
- Entry Limit: unlimited
- Age Limit: 11 years (15 unaccompanied)
- Start Venue: Haldon Forest Park
- Extreme Route (GOLD): £10
- Challenge Route (SILVER): £10:00
- Inspire Route (BRONZE): £10:00
- Guided Option*: £20:00
- Moor to Sea Jersey: £25:00
Includes all Booking Fees & Postage (UK only)
- 3 Route Options
- Detailed Ride Manual
- Route Maps
- GPX / TCX Route files
- Recommended Cafe Stops
- Finishers Medal
- Secure Online Entry
- KoM / QoM Challenge (excl. Insire Route)
How does it work?
- Step 1: Using the Registration Link, sign up for the route you want to ride
- Step 2: We will email you a Ride Briefing Document with all the info you need to complete the ride.
- Step 3: At a date & time that suits you, ride your chosen route and record it using one of the approved methods
- Step 4: Submit your proof of ride completion to us
- Step 5: We will send you your finishers medal.
How to evidence your ride (Digital Records):
Many cyclists these days will already be recording their cycling activity electronically. This may be through a bike computer, mobile phone app or sports watch. All of these devices will create a record of your rides that can be viewed and shared. If you are already using a method to record your rides, simply send us your ride file (.fit .gpx .tcx); or send us a link to your ride data; or just send us a screen shot that shows us you have completed your chosen route. If you do electronically record your rides you can use your smartphone or digital camera to take a few photos to prove you compled the ride.
Join our STRAVA or RWGPS Clubs:
Many of you will already be using online services such as STRAVA or RWGPS. These are free to use and make the task of sharing your rides really easy. If you have a smartphone you can download a free app from either of these companies and use this to record your ride. If you join our STRAVA or RWGPS club your ride will automatically be shared with us.